It’s no secret that HVAC services can be costly especially equipment replacement. Most people believe that they can get by with a run-down ac unit but the fact of the matter is, you can’t.
During the Spring and Summer seasons, the temperatures begin to drastically increase which causes hotter temperatures inside your home. When your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air or it won’t turn on that means costly repairs or replacements.
This is an inconvenience to both your bank account and the comfortability of your home.
How Do You Know When It’s Time To Replace Your Air Conditioner?
- Feel warm air blowing through your vents
- Smell odors coming from your unit
- Are experiencing high humidity in your home
- Have a system that is 10 years or older
- Notice an increase in your utility bills
Consumers report that the best brands are Trane, Goodman, and American Standard. However, Trane has the best reviews and customer ratings. But the efficiency of your system doesn’t just rely on the brand but also the company that you choose to install it. If your system isn’t installed correctly, it could cause damage to your brand new system.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Central Air Conditioning Unit?
This ranges from situation to situation but the general cost to replace or install an ac unit ranges from $3,000-$7,000. The cost to replace a complete HVAC system ranges from $4800-$9500. To get more accurate pricing you will need to get a free estimate to determine the type of system that best fits your home.
How To Choose The Best Air Conditioning Installation Company?
Family-owned HVAC companies that are just large enough to truly put your needs first are a great start. Some things you should look for when searching for an honest HVAC company are:
- Their reviews (the good and the bad). Although your experience may be different from someone else, you should still pay very close attention to what people are saying.
- Their rating on the BBB website.
- If they are licensed and insured
Make sure your home is ready for the Spring and Summer by testing out your system so you are prepared ahead of time.