Improve Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality Using Your Existing HVAC System
When we think about air quality, our minds turn to the myriad things polluting the world around us. Overstuffed highways and plants pumping chemicals into our atmosphere – all valid concerns. But how often do we stop to think about the quality of the air inside our homes?
Indoor air quality is even more important than you may realize. After all, you likely spend a good portion of the day at home, breathing in the air put out by your HVAC system.
That’s why you need the help of a team like ours at Kennon Heating & Air Conditioning to guarantee you have the best air quality possible inside your home.
If you’re ready to start improving your home air quality, call us at 678-251-9776.
Common Home Air Pollutants
What kind of pollutants can you expect to find inside your home? Home air quality in Cumming, GA and surrounding areas can be affected by a wide variety of factors. These include:
- Air Filters – You probably know you should change your air filter regularly, but this can be more important than you realize for keeping dust, mold, and more out of your air.
- Air Ducts – Like your air filters, your air ducts can collect a lot of pollutants. It’s a smart idea to get duct cleaning on a regular basis.
- Gas Stoves – Gas stoves release carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide, which can build up and be absorbed into the bloodstream. Using a cooking vent or cracking a window while cooking can cut back on these pollutants.
- Home Humidity – Humidity is uncomfortable, but it can also be dangerous. The moisture from humidity can breed both mold and mildew in your home.
- Rugs and Carpets – How clean are your carpets? When cleaned regularly, they can attract particles and improve your air quality, acting as an additional air filter. But the opposite may be true if you haven’t been keeping them clean.
Get an Air Quality Inspection in Cumming, GA
You can start improving your air quality right away by taking care of some of the things listed above. But one of the best things you can do is get an air quality inspection. The team at Kennon Heating & Air Conditioning can come to your home to perform an inspection and take care of any jobs necessary to improve your home air quality, from duct cleaning to other air conditioning and heating maintenance tasks. If you’d like to schedule your inspection, call Kennon Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-251-9776 today.